In the 2016-17 financial and academic year Great Bedwyn School will receive £8,900 of Sports Premium. We plan to use this Sports Premium grant in the following ways:
- Catch up swimming programme in KS2 for those children who cannot swim 25metres, pool and transport costs
- Squash coaching in the summer term 2016/17
- Coach to support high quality PE in KS2
- Level 5 Certificate in Primary PE Training for PE subject leader to promote high quality PE across the school
- Resources to promote provision of high quality gymnastics and dance as part of the curriculum
- Transport and staff costs to enable participation in local festivals (fuel for mini buses)
The PE spend provides KS2 staff with a qualified sports coach to work alongside them during class PE games sessions. It has also given the children two members of staff to teach them in each PE lesson leading to increased specific coaching and participation in lessons. The improvements to sport are sustainable as teachers have learnt new skills which they will use when teaching independently.
Whilst a PE coach supports the provision of high quality PE in KS2, responsibility for leading high quality PE in KS1 and across the school is with our PE subject leader who will be seeking to complete a new nationally recognized qualification in primary PE. This in addition to professional resources will enable the school to further enhance the PE provision for all pupils.
The many extracurricular sports clubs and local festivals will continue. Pupils are encouraged to take part in extracurricular sports clubs hosted at school and many pupils also take part in sport away from school and are members of local clubs including Marlborough and Hungerford Rugby Clubs, Hungerford Football Club, Marlborough Squash Club, Great Bedwyn and Ramsbury tennis teams etc.
During the 2015-16 school year Great Bedwyn spent the Sports Premium with the aim of providing our pupils with sustainable high quality sporting opportunities.
The sports premium in 2015 – 2016 was spent as follows:
- PE coach in KS2
- Squash Coaching
- Participation in Festivals