In the 2017-18 financial and academic year Great Bedwyn School will receive £8,900 of Sports Premium. We plan to use this Sports Premium grant in the following ways:
- Catch up swimming programme in KS2 for those children who cannot swim 25metres, pool and transport costs
- Squash coaching in the summer term 2016/17
- Coach to support high quality PE in KS2
- Coach to promote provision of high quality gymnastics teaching and learning in KS2
- Transport and staff costs to enable participation in local festivals
- Providing opportunities to engage in a wider variety of sports (eg Y-Ball, fencing, yoga, climbing walls)
- Provide some organised sport provision at lunchtimes
- Ensuring equipment and resources are of a high quality
The PE spend provides KS2 staff with a qualified sports coach to work alongside them during class PE games sessions. It has also given the children two members of staff to teach them in each PE lesson leading to increased specific coaching and participation in lessons. The improvements to sport are sustainable as teachers have learnt new skills which they will use when teaching independently.
Whilst a PE coach supports the provision of high quality PE in KS2, responsibility for leading high quality PE in KS1 and across the school is with our PE subject leader and teachers who have been undertaking CPD and using ‘Real PE’ to ensure high quality provision.
The many extracurricular sports clubs and local festivals will continue. Pupils are encouraged to take part in extracurricular sports clubs hosted at school and many pupils also take part in sport away from school and are members of local clubs including Marlborough and Hungerford Rugby Clubs, Hungerford Football Club, Marlborough Squash Club, Great Bedwyn and Ramsbury tennis teams etc.
During the 2016-17 school year Great Bedwyn spent the Sports Premium with the aim of providing our pupils with sustainable high quality sporting opportunities.
The sports premium in 2016 – 2017 was spent as follows:
- PE coach in KS2
- Squash Coaching
- Participation in Festivals
- Real PE resources and training in KS1
- New hockey equipment
Click here for the School’s PE spending and impact review.