In the case of school closure for any reason, a message will be sent out to all parents via the ParentMail system and a notice will also be placed on this page of the website.
Very occasionally, severe weather conditions may make roads impassable.
Please check that staff have arrived at school before leaving children on the premises.
Details of snow closures are also given on:
Closure during a school day
It is never a preferred option to close the school during a school day but it can be done using the following procedures:
- Closure authorised by the Principal. Students will continue to be supervised by staff until collected by parents or emergency list contacts only.
- The CEO and CFO of Excalibur Academies Trust and the Local Authority will be notified of the school closure by the Principal.
- Recording the closure on the homepage of the school website
- Parents will be notified via ParentMail and will be followed up by a phone call in the event of non collection.
- It is parents’ responsibility to ensure their contact details are kept up to date and their emergency contacts are available during school hours.