Very occasionally, severe weather conditions may make roads impassable.
Please check that staff have arrived at school before leaving children on the premises.
In the case of school closure, a message will be sent out to all parents via the ParentMail system and a notice will also be placed on this page.
Details of school closures are also given on:
Closure during a school day
It is never a preferred option to close the school during a school day but it can be done using the following procedures:
- Closure authorised by the Principal. Students will continue to be supervised by staff until collected by parents or emergency list contacts only.
- The CEO and CFO of Excalibur Academies Trust and the Local Authority will be notified of the school closure by the Principal.
- Recording the closure on the homepage of the school website
- Parents will be notified via ParentMail and will be followed up by a phone call in the event of non collection.
- It is parents’ responsibility to ensure their contact details are kept up to date and their emergency contacts are available during school hours.