In conjunction with the aims of the National Curriculum, our science teaching offers opportunities for children to:
- Develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of scientific enquiries that help them to answer questions about the world around them.
- Be equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future.
- Develop the essential scientific enquiry skills to deepen their scientific knowledge.
- Use a range of methods to communicate their scientific information and present it in a systematic, scientific manner, including I.C.T., diagrams, graphs and charts.
- Develop a respect for the materials and equipment they handle with regard to their own, and other children’s safety.
- Develop an enthusiasm and enjoyment of scientific learning and discovery.
“Scientists have become the bearers of the torch of discovery in our quest for knowledge“ Stephen Hawking